Hello to all, I hope life has been treating you well these past few weeks since my last blog post!
I have been in college at Penn State Harrisburg for officially a whole month now and it has been the greatest experience of my life.
In these past 4 weeks, I have learned more about myself as a student, athlete, and friend. I want to explain and share how these changes have influenced me thus far into my college career:
- College scheduling is a whole new world compared to high school. I have approximately two to three classes everyday, all spread out at different times. This method can seem a little hectic, but for studying purposes, it is amazing for me.
- College professors teach at a faster pace than high school, which is a little challenging, but encourages me to stay more focused during lectures and to take the proper notes needed to help me study for exams/quizzes.
- I have also learned to appreciate coffee so much more than I did already!
- (Especially after I got pill-induced esophagitis for almost two weeks – where I had to avoid acid and caffeine!)
- Collegiate tennis, like most college sports, is on a whole new level when compared to high school. The coaching is more strict and they expect more dedication and hard-work.
- At my first college match, even though the team lost to Juaniata College overall, I won my first ever singles match in a tiebreaker (I have played doubles my whole life!). The feeling was unbelievable and I would relive it if I could.
- Being apart of a team within the first few weeks of college also helped me socially by gaining new friends who I see on a regular basis, whether it be at practice or a match.
- If there is one thing that surprised me with going to college was: how social I had become when meeting new people and the confidence I had when introducing myself.
- In my dorm, I have three roommates and I adore each one in their own way. We have gotten super close and comfortable with each other within only a short amount of time. It also helps that we have very similar backgrounds, even though we are from different towns and states.
I wish to post more on my blog to keep my hobby going, after September my schedule should be less busy.
Thank you for stopping by and reading, I have a tennis match today at 4 P.M. against Immaculata University and must get ready to leave soon! 🙂
Comment below with any positive thoughts!! (it is appreciated)