Earlier today, fellow blogger lifeonplanetearth2017 nominated me for the “Blogger Recognition Award” and let’s just say, this melted my heart!
I want to give a HUGE thank you to this sweet soul for adding my blog to his nominee list, honestly made my night.
lifeonplanetearth2017 ‘s blog is filled with endless thoughts of (you guessed it!!) life on planet earth. Ganesh and I are very similar – we ponder about life at a young age and have a thing for writing. Check out his blog sometime.
THE RULES ARE:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide link to the post you created.
I created this blog back in the beginning of December last year. I had recently dabbled with WordPress in my high school journalism class, but was clueless as to how I would pursue a real personal blog. As months went by, I would drop a post here and there – not really confident if I was doing the right thing. Over time, I learned the process of creating a blog and boom – here I am.
My two pieces of advice to new bloggers are:
- Be Confident – Do not listen to anyone – (friends, family, strangers) – if they try to bring you down. Do not give in to any teasing, jokes, comments, nothing. If this is what you want to do, whether it is for fun or serious, do it.
- Be Patient – I am still trying to listen to my own advice on this – traffic on your blog is going to take time. Unless you have a great circle of friends and family that can help build the foundation and share your work, numbers on your blog isn’t going to happen too fast.
My lovely nominees are:
- A Bit Better
- Discovering Your Happiness
- Love, Geeky Girl
- Rachel Being Chatty
- The Waas Blog
- Myths of the Mirror
- Life With Karla
Note: You do NOT have to participate, however, it could be a way to make someone a little more excited about their day 🙂
Thanks to all who read, check out my posts in the archives!